Application and Function
Schluter-DECO is designed to provide decorative lines within tile coverings and edge protection at transitions from tile coverings to other same-height surface coverings, such as wood or carpet.
The profile is available in stainless steel, solid brass, chrome-plated solid brass, and anodized aluminum. Schluter-DECO features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg, which is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile, and a 1/4″ (6 mm) wide visible surface that meets the high aesthetic requirements of showrooms, lobbies, galleries, exhibition booths, etc.
The anchoring leg of Schluter-DECO, in solid brass, chrome-plated brass, and anodized aluminum, is available with a special radius perforation “R” so that the profile can be used to form curves. DECO in chrome plated brass requires a relatively large bending radius.
- Select Schluter-DECO according to tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where the profile is to be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the mortar and align.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32″ (1 mm) lower.
- A joint of approximately 1/16″ – 1/8″ (1.5 – 3 mm) should be left between the tile and the profile.
- Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials and grouts must be removed immediately, especially from anodized aluminum surfaces.
|H = Tile Thickness||Solid brass
|Satin anodized aluminum
|Chrome-plated solid brass
|Stainless steel 304 (1.4301 = V2A) (E)|
|5/16″ – 8 mm||—||AE 80 D||MC 80 D||E 80 D|
|11/32″ – 9 mm||M 90 D||—||MC 90 D||E 90 D|
|3/8″ – 10 mm||—||AE 100 D||—||E 100 D|
|7/16″ – 11 mm||M 110 D||—||MC 110 D||E 110 D|
|1/2″ – 12.5 mm||M 125 D||AE 125 D||MC 125 D||E 125 D|
|17/32″ – 14 mm||—||—||—||E 140 D|
|5/8″ – 16 mm||—||—||—||E 160 D|
|23/32″ – 18.5 mm||—||—||—||E 185 D|
|13/16″ – 21 mm||—||—||—||E 210 D|
|1″ – 25 mm||—||—||—||E 250 D|
|1-3/16″ – 30 mm||—||—||—||E 300 D|
Length supplied: 8′ 2-1/2″ – 2.50 m